Wednesday, January 21, 2015

The Beginning

Where does a story start? It starts long before the opening line, before the Once Upon a Time. A story doesn't necessarily start with an idea for a plot. The idea could come from an idea for a character. Maybe it's the antagonist. Or maybe it will come from an experience you had.

Never underestimate prompts. The idea for my story Expiration Date, which I wrote specifically for Wattpad, came from a prompt on Pinterest. I never could have imagined what this story would turn into, after reading only a one or two sentence prompt.

Maybe an object that you own will inspire you. Believe it or not, a blue necklace I own was the idea for another one of my novels.

Pay attention to everything, you never know when or where your next idea may come.

----------
Remember to comment your writing questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment